The affordances of digital technology alter the sociotechnical systems within which people interact — and thus alter perception and cognition.
Welcome to ED386/ED586 EDUCATIONAL TECHNOLOGY
- ED386/586-51 : Tuesday/Thursday 2-3:15 OC211
Professor David Shutkin, Ph.D.
Online Subscriptions / Web 2.0
While there is no textbook for this course, please expect to incur some expenses for online subscriptions and tutorials.
- Produce an educational website / digital portfolio;
- Analyze the pedagogical potential of video games;
- Produce a Mobile App and demonstrate pedagogical significance;
- Demonstrate understanding of multimodal literacy;
- Produce a multimodal digital story and demonstrate pedagogical significance;
- Apply ideas of distributed cognition to analyses of classroom practice;
- Demonstrate the development of your TPACK through the design of a technologically enhanced learning environment.